About the Role
Working Hours : Saturday 9:30 am - 4:00 pm ( subject to change)
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
● Educating students
○ Create engaging and interactive weekly lesson plans focusing on meanings of the selected Quranic Verses. Our primary focus is to develop a clear understanding of the Quran.
○ Explain Quranic verses according to the maturity level of students.
○ Encourage recitation and memorization of selected Quranic verses.
○ Utilize hands-on activities to enhance the moral concepts extracted from the verses and develop practical examples to encourage implementation of those morals.
○ Prioritize Character building in lessons through Quranic verses.
○ Cooperates in the development and implementation of the school program of instruction.
○ Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students. Identify talents and strengths of students and create lesson plans catering to their needs.
○ Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units, and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students and parents.
○ Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives in student instruction.
○ Shows commitment to the school’s mission, academic program, and student academic outcomes as outlined by the school Principal.
● Managing student behavior
○ Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide. Our responsibility as effective teachers does not start and end within our classrooms only. Management of behavior of students is a collective responsibility of all teachers and staff.
○ Provides and maintains a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
○ Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
● Evaluating student progress
○ Evaluate the learning progress of students on a regular basis using appropriate assessments and provide progress reports as required.
○ Maintain student attendance, academic and behavioral progress data.
○ Update student records and class materials on our platform shared with parents.
● Professional communications
○ Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students’ academic, social, and behavioral progress.
○ Cooperates with professional staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning, and behavioral problems.
Communicates and cooperates with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
○ Attends and/or conducts staff meetings and participates on committees within the area of responsibility.
○ Exhibits a positive attitude and is willing to be flexible and proactive in problem solving. Furthers the school’s culture mission by maintaining a positive attitude and relationships in all communications with students, parents, staff and the community.
○ Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers. Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests, and volunteers.
○ Shares the responsibility for the supervision and care of school inventory, proper and safe use of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
○ Report safety hazards promptly.
○ Maintain personal conduct both on and off campus that reflects positively on our students.
○ Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
○ Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively with employees, the community, and other professionals.
○ Maintains professional competence through individual and staff training, in-service educational activities, and professional growth activities.
○ Performs other tasks related to area of responsibilities as requested or assigned by an immediate supervisor.
● A Bachelor's Degree in Arabic/Islamic Study is an asset but not required.
● Very strong knowledge of Islamic faith and practice.
● Excellent communication skills. Must be proficient in the English language.
● Demonstrates effective, written and oral communication skills; interpret policies, and procedures as needed per testing program(s).
● Demonstrates organizational skills which utilize problem-solving and adaptability for creating and maintaining a positive orderly, purposeful, learning/working environment for instructional purposes.
● Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
● Demonstrates ability to assess and modify an effective instructional program aligned to the School’s Improvement Plan and Program Evaluation.
● Passionate about teaching and ability to learn new skills as required.
● A positive attitude to growth, self improvement and ability to self-motivate.
● Computer savvy - Knowledge of MS office, excel, PowerPoint, Google drives and google classrooms.
● Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
● Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members, and staff.